Wherever we go, we are under the watchful eyes of the law. We cannot afford to overlook the fact ever. Those who try to overlook the law and take a chance are the ones who either suffer behind the bars or get killed by bullets, in extreme cases.
Even when you’re working, you are under some jurisdiction that undermines you and your work. Similarly, there are jobs that involve the law and the field is better known as judiciary and the people lawyers, attorneys and judges.
Due to the increasing involvement of law in everything, there are more opportunities in the field than ever before. Now being a lawyer doesn’t mean just a criminal lawyer.
Some of the spheres where law can get interesting are:
• Corporate Law: This is perhaps the largest employer of the best brains in law. Corporate houses every time need to go through a ‘screening’ by law. They can’t do anything illegal; they are at all times covered and governed by laws. Quite understandably, lawyers have a lot of work to do here.
• Criminal Law: This is the oldest reason why a law-setup was done. This setup is to prevent any crime from happening. Fortunately for lawyers, crimes do happen and they are employed. If there were no crimes at all, the lawyers would be sitting at home, jobless!
• Juvenile Law: The modern times have not even spared children from the horrors of committing a crime. Thus came juvenile law where you need to treat cases pertaining to children and adolescents who are under the age of 18 years (age limit varies from state to state).
• Civil Law: Everything that is divorce or has a dispute in property is governed by various laws which can be under a single heading titled as civil law. Arguably, civil cases are the most twisted and complex cases of all. For example, there can be multiple claimants for a piece of land or property and it is the court’s duty to find the rightful owner of the same.
• International Laws: Did you know that there are separate laws for each country and laws which are specific to a country are not valid in other countries? An offense in a country need not be seen as the same in another country! Therefore a need was felt for developing international laws. Such laws pan across the world and are the same for each country.
Due to the interesting nature of the job, there are more takers for the same.
Jobs in law are also amongst the highest paid in the country. Lawyer jobs are the one of the most esteemed employment areas of all fields. Law employment is not a dream anymore.